Bleak Expectations. It is a radio comedy, which riffs off "Great Expectations", "David Copperfield", "Nicholas Nickleby" and other Dickens novels. It is unbelievably silly. Gloriously silly. With lots of over-the-top running jokes, silly names and an obsession with squirrels. There are six episodes. Anthony Stewart Head plays the villain of the piece among other parts.
It's one of those things which gets funnier as the running jokes pile up, but I feel that I must reiterate that it is VERY SILLY. So you're warned. This is the first part. There are six.
And now, because I haven't done this in forever. The lyrics meme. I have ignored stuff which is deeply obscure and gone for my five-star itunes playlist, so it's not the first 15 but the most interesting 15. That said, if someone gets No 8, I'll make 'em a mix CD if they want
2. When the day is done and it all works out, I'd love to do it and you know you've always had it coming
5. Uganda, Shennington, Sudbury, Sri Lanka
6. You used to speak the truth but now you're clever
8. I made the voyage on the [title of album]
12. Listen to the music taking you to places that you've never been before, baby, now
14. His rope, my wrists, I never knew there might be days like this
And finally, I meant to post this before Christmas but was experiencing page fright. Yoav is a new artist, originally from South Africa, and he creates strange tense danceable music. I got his album in December and this remains my favourite track
Tell me this isn't a vampire vid waiting to happen.